What Natura Pacific does
The roles of Natura Pacific include:
· Providing consulting services to government, companies, organisations, educational institutions and private citizens in relation to environmental management
· Providing education to government, companies, organisations, educational institutions, event organisers and private citizens in relation to the environmental and sustainability
· Providing resources in the public space for environmental education
Why do we collect personal information
We collect personal information to assist us to perform these roles including:
· Provide responses to information requests, answer enquiries, provide tailored advice and resolve complaints
· Provide suitable education experiences
· Comply with health and safety management requirements
· Manage human resources and comply with reporting requirements
· Plan and report on our services
· Keep others informed of changes to our services and offerings.
If we collect personal information for another purpose, we will tell others about this at the time we collect the information. For example, taking film or photographic recordings requires those involved to sign a Consent Form
How we collect personal information
Personal information may be collected in a number of ways including:
· directly from others when they engage our services or make an enquiry about a service
· from websites or social media that is available in the public forum
The personal information others provide to us is voluntary, however, if it is not provided we may not be able to assist with consulting or education services
The types of personal information we collect
The main types of personal information we collect include:
· name, address and contact details
· information about property ownership, title and proposed developments on the subject site or in the local area
· information about student and educator matrix
How we keep personal information safe
Natura Pacific stores all information electronically and is a paperless office. All files have unique identifiers and are protected by passwords. Only authorised persons are able to access personal information.
Access to personal information
Others are entitled to seek access to their personal or health information held by the Natura Pacific. Where this information has been provided to the Natura Pacific by a third party, we will ask that the subject party to request the third party to provide access to the information in the first instance. For example, information from Council about a property.
Accuracy and alteration of personal information
Others can request alterations to their personal information if their details change.
When we disclose personal information
We may disclose personal information to third parties to:
· provide advice or resolve complaints, or for another purpose where we have been given consent, or that others were previously made aware of
· if we are asked to share information with other organisations or government agencies according to law
· to otherwise comply with our legal obligations.
Complaint about privacy
Third parties can contact us if they have a complaint about how we have handled their personal information. We aim to resolve complaints quickly and fairly.
To make a complaint a person should email firstname.lastname@example.org.
For further information
For more information about personal information, a person should email email@example.com
For general information about the right to privacy and the Privacy and Personal Information Protection Act, a person can also visit The Office of the Privacy Commissioner website.